Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Darling Chicks - Swatches !

Hi! Today I will be sharing swatches of the Darling Girl Cosmetics Easter collection (yeah, I know. I'm super late. ) The Darling Chicks.

Well, hello there, cutie! (stolen from the Darling Girl website)
This collection was released April 10, and is limited edition. I wrote to Susan, the owner of the company, and she said it would probably be up until mid June, so you still have some weeks to get your hands on these if you wish (and you should).

The names of these colors were chosen by fans and customers, which I think is a really nice detail to have in mind. That's something I like about indie companies, they tend to really involve their customers in the decision making process, which I think makes every collection just a little more special.

There are eight shades in this collection, and while there are some standard pastel, easter-y shades, there is also a stunning bright blue, dark purple, and two gorgeous neutrals.

I Got The Magic Chick, Chick Magnet, Tricky Chick, Chick Flick 


A brighter pic showing the variations in shades

Color Descriptions (according to the website): 


I Got the Magic Chick - Sheer lilac with blue violet sheen and blue and purple sparkles throughout.
Chick Magnet - Dark lavender with golden sheen.
Tricky Chick - Gorgeous shimmering aqua with green undertones.
Chick Flick - Blackened violet with tons of color shifting purple glitter.


Chickster, Chicks Dig It, Chicka Chicka Boom, Chick Me Out

I dont know what happened with this set of pics. The lighting is off :( 
Chickster - Light caramel with silvery green sheen and in the right lighting you might just spy the prettiest soft pinky purple.
Chicks Dig It - Mint green with pink to green shift purple sparkle.
Chicka Chicka Boom - Pale golden champagne with soft pink glow and in certain lighting a green shift
Chick Me Out - Green tinged yellow (just shy of chartreuse) with green to peach shift.

My Favorites/ Must Haves:

Chicka Chicka Boom (Look at that flash ! look at it! This color is creamy, gorgeous, glowy, and perfect.)
I Got The Magic Chick is super pretty for a soft, ethereal look
Chick Magnet is one of those shades that I think would be super flattering on just about everyone. It's got the right balance between being a neutral but getting some color on your face, which a lot of people are afraid of.
Get them here 

As always, when using loose powder shadows there are a couple of things to keep in mind; such as prepping, priming, and using the right brushes. I usually apply an eye primer followed by a thin layer of Darling Girl Glitter Glue, then pat on the shadow with a flat brush for better color payoff. I recommend doing your face makeup after you do your eyeshadow because there will inevitably be some fallout, especially with the sparklier shades.

Has any of the shades caught your eye? Tell me in the comments !

Thanks for reading!
Love,
-Tat


*Samples were provided by the company for consideration*

1 comment:

sharing is caring