Saturday, May 24, 2014

NYX Indie Flick (review, FOTD)

A good red lip never goes out of style. For us on the warm-ish side of the skintone spectrum, this also rings true for orange shades. When you find a nice lipstick that combines the two it's pure love at first sight, as is the case with NYX Matte Lipstick in Indie Flick (described by the NYX website as a bright coral-red).


I had seen someone on Instagram wearing this shade awhile ago and fell in love. On some people it looks more orange, on others it leans more red. It is really bright, and pretty difficult to photograph accurately.
As I mentioned before, it is a matte lipstick but it applies creamy and soft, I don't think it looks totally matte (maybe satin). I really like the formula of this lipstick, and the shade, although a little intimidating, would work well on practically everyone.

The Look: 

I was feeling summery today so I decided to pair it with bronze-y neutral eyes and lots of bronzer on my face. It does not show up well in my pictures but trust me, it's there ;)


Eyes: Urban Decay Naked 1 palette , Wet N Wild black liquid liner, the same pair of falsies I used for the Maleficent look.


Face: Revlon Photoready in 004 Nude, Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer in Nude, Graftobial Banana Powder, MAC Delphic bronzer, Maybelline blush sticks in Subtle Bronze and Coral Sheen

Lips: NYX Indie Flick matte lipstick

More pictures!
Staring longingly into the distance helps show makeup more accurately


I also did my best attempt to do something with my hair today. Im not sure I succeeded. 

Anyway, I really like this look, it's dramatic but I also feel it's wearable, and the lipstick color is totally interchangeable (But I really really like these eyeshadow colors with orange lip shades!) 

Would you wear this lip shade? Or is it too out there? 

Thanks for reading!
Love, 
-Tat 

No comments:

Post a Comment

sharing is caring