Monday, May 26, 2014

NYX Butter Glosses - Swatches & Review

It's no secret that I am not a fan of lipgloss. Really. I am not ashamed of my unpopular opinion, and will share it with anyone who asks.
Lately, though, I've been more and more pleasantly surprised by a few new lipglosses that have been popping up on the market. NYX Butter Glosses are probably my favorite of them all.

NYX Cosmetics has been slowly trickling into stores near where I live, and I'm ecstatic. They are a solid brand, most of the products that I've tried from them are total hits, and they keep up with trends and new offerings in fun colors, which I love. I have five colors to show you today:

swatched outdoors in direct sunlight

Swatched indoors in indirect sunlight
I'll keep it short:

The colors are so beautiful and right on-trend. I love the creamy finish of these! The color payoff is amazing while staying in lipgloss territory (that is to say, they're not super opaque, which would definitely make them a liquid lipstick). They smell like buttercream, which makes you want to eat them. They do not settle into fine lines, so it's a smooth, even application and they last for about 2-3 hours on me (if I don't eat or drink anything) but they don't feel sticky. They definitely feel more expensive than they actually are. (these retail for about $5 )

The only thing I'm not loving is the doe foot applicator, which I find kind of small. This makes me have to apply a couple of times just to be able to fill in my entire lips, and my lips aren't even on the fuller side.

All in all, this is a great product that I would definitely recommend, and I will definitely be getting more shades in the future.


Thanks for reading!
Love,
-Tat

1 comment:

sharing is caring