Friday, May 23, 2014

Alien Maleficent Drag Queen

Is it me or is the whole entire internet suffering from Maleficent fever lately?

Yeah, no, it's not me. The new movie is coming out and Angelina Jolie looks absolutely Ah-maazing as Maleficent, complete with somehow human-colored skin and cheek implants courtesy of none other than Rick Baker (a.k.a my spirit animal).


There have been lots of tutorials popping up on the internet explaining how to do the makeup similar to hers in the picture, my favorite is definitely Kandee Johnson's (Go check it out !). After seeing hers I was bit by the bug and decided to recreate it. But then, something happened. While searching Google Images of Maleficent, this little lady popped up: 


Never Forget. 1959-2014
Look at that fabulousness! Purple! Green! How could I not want to do purple and green?! So I was set with a question: do you want to do New Maleficent or Old Maleficent?

And then I decided to do both. 

Did I mention she loves drag? 

This picture has been edited, of course. I added a bit of a filter for a greenish cast on the skin, and lots of shadows to mask the background of the mess of products I used for this.

The Rundown: 

Face:  Graftobian Foundation Palette (lighter than my skintone, taupe and black shades for contouring) , NYX Milk for highlighting
Eyes: Sugarpill Acid Berry, 2 AM, Tako, Buttercupcake, Bulletproof (for brows) and a little Poison Plum and Mochi as well. I blocked out the eyebrows with a glue stick and did a crap job at it (I'll get better, I swear!!)  and applied two pairs of falsies on top, and clusters of individual lashes on bottom. 

Crappy photo is crappy 

 Lips: lined lips with red NYX retractable lip liner, topped with Milani Ruby Valentine lipstick and created the ombre effect with MAC Vino lipliner. dabbed Milk JEP on bottom lip for dimension. 


I then wanted to sort of contour a widow's peak shape on the forehead, and also applied some green eyeshadow in some parts of the face to sort of bring it all back to retro Maleficent. 


I think this came out pretty good, but it could definitely be better. I need to keep practicing my brow covering techniques. Here is one more pic,  taken with my HTC One: 




Now I have to do the Angelina-inspired version, for the sake of modern times. 

Thank you for reading! Let me know what you think about this mess ;) 
Love, 
-Tat

No comments:

Post a Comment

sharing is caring